If you’re one of the over 15 million people in America who have been diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder, then you know how debilitating this condition can really be. After all, some type of socialization is needed in nearly every area of your life.
Yet, treatment for social anxiety can be long and expensive. You’re usually looking at weekly behavioral therapy sessions and maybe even daily medication to ease your anxiety and help you to get through the day.
So, let’s go over what nootropics are, the role they play in helping those with social anxiety, and five of the best products on the market today.
What Nootropics Are
Nootropics are drugs, supplements, or other substances that impact how the brain functions. Good nootropics might improve the following aspects of your cognitive functioning….
- Thinking processes
These effects are a result of the ingredients included in these nootropics. For example, caffeine is often added to boost focus and alertness. Meanwhile, Ginkgo biloba or bacopa monnieri might be able to improve your working memory.
Nutritional Content of Nootropics
The added ingredients are quite important, but so is the nutritional value of the nootrpic. That’s because getting a greater amount of certain vitamins and minerals in your diet can help your brain to work more efficiently.
For example, plenty of nootropics include….
- Omega fatty acids (aka, fish oil) like DHA and EPA are known to boost brain development and functioning.
- Vitamin D is effective at supporting your neurons and keeping your brain in good working shape.
- Vitamin B12 is known to reduce instances of memory loss while also boosting your mood overall.
- Vitamin B9 (aka, folate) is known for minimizing the effects of depression and increasing neurotransmitter development.
So, nootropics aren’t just a magic combination of random ingredients. If you end up with a good product, it’ll be loaded with vitamins, minerals, and maybe even fatty acids that can tackle your brain’s functioning from all sides.
Nootropics & Social Anxiety
So, you can see that nootropics are pretty effective at changing how the brain works, but you’re probably still wondering what this has to do with social anxiety, right?
Well, let’s spend a little time going over how the ingredients and nutrients in nootropics can help to ease your symptoms of social anxiety.
Reduction in Stress & the Stress Response
You’ll come to notice that a lot of social anxiety nootropics include ashwagandha, which is sometimes referred to as “Indian ginseng.” When taken in moderate doses, ashwagandha is known to reduce cortisol production in the body.
So, what does that mean for your social anxiety? Well, cortisol is known as one of the “stress hormones.” A smaller amount of cortisol pumping through your body will reduce your stress levels and limit your social anxiety.
L-theanine is an amino acid, meaning it’s one of the building blocks of protein. When added to your daily routine, nootropics with l-theanine just might reduce your stress levels while also improving your ability to relax.
You know what it’s like to have social anxiety, constantly on edge and with a lingering fear clouding your judgment. Any nootropic with l-theanine will be awesome at putting you more at ease and making social situations a bit more bearable.
Even though you have social anxiety, you know how much it can affect your mood in a negative way, especially when you’re on edge. Well, when your nootropics have some niacin (vitamin B3), you just might be a little happier.
That’s because niacin has become increasingly more popular as a treatment for depression. With an increased mood, even in the most stressful social situations, you’ll be much more able to handle what life throws at you.
Putting It All Together….
So, what should you be looking for in the perfect nootropic for social anxiety? Let’s think about the effects that your social anxiety has on your mental, emotional, and physical health.
- Being on heightened alert practically 24/7: Look for a nootropic that’s known to induce relaxation and slow your mind down a little bit
- Stress in social situations: Look for a nootropic that’s recognized for its ability to reduce or limit cortisol within the body
- Worry, low mood, or insecurity: Look for a nootropic that’s capable of boosting your mood in an all-natural way
While not every nootropic out there will do all of these things, there are plenty of products that are more than capable. At the same time, there are quite a few things you need to keep in mind when looking for social anxiety nootropics.
Things to Keep in Mind
Whether you’re out in public and experiencing an anxiety attack or just at home with heart palpitations, you know how it feels to have your system in overdrive, correct? That means the last thing you want to do is encourage this sensation.
We’re talking about being wary of ingredients like caffeine and racetams.
Caffeine is incredible for making you more alert and increasing your focus during a workout, test, or just after you’ve woken up in the morning. But, when you have social anxiety, caffeine can intensify the feelings of anxiety and nervousness and make them even worse.
Racetams, on the other hand, are designed to improve the memory systems of the brain. While some are great at helping you to deal with anxiety as well, others will only make your social anxiety unbearable.
So, a word of advice: Avoid caffeine and racetams if you can!
If you do want an extra energy boost, there are plenty of nootropics that provide energy through all-natural ingredients and nutrients like magnesium and riboflavin. So, it’s possible to get an extra energy boost, but you just have to be careful about where it comes from.
What about multi-purpose nootropics?
When you’re doing your research, you’ll notice that a lot of nootropics out there are advertised as improving focus, generating greater memory, reducing anxiety, and improving mood, right?
The issue is that it’s hard for one pill, powder, or supplement to be able to do all of those things successfully at once. After all, how can you improve focus by adding caffeine while still avoiding an increase in anxiety?
It’s in your best interest to find a nootropic that’s labeled as just targeting anxiety, mood, stress, or mental health. The only time you’ll get a decent product that’s multi-purpose is if they’re made of all-natural healthy ingredients.
The 5 Best Nootropics for Social Anxiety
We did a little research to figure out what the best nootropics were for social anxiety. So, let’s take a good look at five of the best nootropics and what makes them so great for reducing the symptoms of social anxiety.
Here they are!
- Pure L-Theanine Capsules
- In-house lab-tested for product purity and identity.
- Tamper-evident shrink band included on every jar.
- Non-GMO, gluten free, and vegan.
- Store in a cool & dry place. Keep away from direct sunlight and heat.
Our number one recommendation has to go to the L-theanine 200mg capsules produced by Nootropics Depot. First off, it’s coming from a rather reputable brand that specializes in nootropic-type products.
What we like best is the price! For a 90-day supply, you’re looking at spending somewhere around $12, which averages out to a mere $0.13 a day.
Plus, you can buy in bulk and get a 180-day supply if that’s more your speed.
So, what does this product do? Let’s start off with the idea that it can help you to relax and calm your stress without making you tired at the same time.
It’s recognized for its ability to help you feel calm, boost your mood a little bit, and even improve your sleep quality at night. There’s also an option to buy the product infused with caffeine, but that probably won’t be the best choice if you have severe social anxiety right now.
- 1300mg - HIGHEST POTENCY FOR BEST ANTI-STRESS & ANTI-ANXIETY SUPPORT: Made with 100% organic ashwagandha root powder and organic black pepper extract for increased absorption, our pure ashwagandha...
- MADE WITH CERTIFIED ORGANIC ASHWAGANDHA ROOT POWDER: In order to ensure an ashwagandha supplement is truly organic, it must be certified by an accredited certifying agent. Made with organic...
- SUPERIOR IMMUNE BOOST, HORMONAL BALANCE & MOOD SUPPORT: Because our ashwagandha powder is sourced from organic ashwagandha root, it delivers the optimum concentration of withanolides to stimulate...
- NO FILLERS - NO BINDERS - NO ALLERGENS - NO HEAVY METALS: Our ashwagandha root capsules are FREE of fillers, binders, nuts, eggs, shellfish and other common allergens. In addition, testing is...
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: At NutriRise, we care about your experience. In fact we are so confident that you will love our Premium Ashwagandha that we back it with a 90-day money back guarantee. Our...
When less stress and anxiety are your top health goals, you have to go with the 1300mg ashwagandha supplement by NutriRise. The most important thing we want to point out is that this formula was designed to boost absorption rates, meaning better and quicker effects.
This product is specifically targeting anyone that’s looking to reduce stress and anxiety levels and return to a normal stress-free life. However, it’s also known to enhance your mood, which is just a bonus!
Now, let’s talk about what this supplement is actually made of, which can really make or break a product’s efficacy. First off, the fact that it’s certified organic should be enough to convince you that this is a healthy product.
The fact that the formula is made of all-natural ingredients with no fillers or by-products proves that every ingredient in the supplement is there for a reason.
- LIVE WITH EASE | PREMIUM STRESS AND OCCASIONAL ANXIETY SUPPORT - Do you ever feel overwhelmed or frazzled by occasional daily stressors? You’re not the only one in this hectic modern life. We...
- WE’RE A BRAND YOU CAN TRUST - Publications such as Vogue, Glamour, Men’s Fitness, and the New York Times have endorsed WellPath as a highly-trusted, thoroughly vetted and dependable...
- SUPPORT FOR FOCUS AND CALM - It’s not always easy to be social, remain relaxed, or act positive. We combine high quality, naturally sourced mood enhancers like Passion Flower and Niacinamide...
- HERBAL INGREDIENT FORMULA - WellPath ZEN’s calming formula comprises ingredients that are naturally sourced, handpicked by experts, and refined to support daily stress management and promote...
- SAFETY & QUALITY ARE OUR TOP PRIORITY - WellPath prides itself on delivering vitamins and supplements at the highest degree of quality while also being completely safe for all consumers....
The Anxiety and Stress Relief Supplement from Zen Anxiety just might be all you need to reduce your stress and anxiety while also improving your mood substantially. And, before you ask, every ingredient is completely natural, vegetarian, and even gluten-free.
So, what exactly is in this supplement that makes it so great? First off, we’d like to point out that any increase in energy you’re feeling is a result of the added riboflavin and magnesium, so don’t worry about caffeine being added and worsened social anxiety.
The stress relief comes directly from the included ashwagandha, which we’ve seen so far in a lot of nootropics for stress and anxiety relief. What makes this supplement a little more unique is the added niacinamide, which is an all-natural mood enhancer, so say goodbye to sadness.
The manufacturer also added a few extra all-natural ingredients, all with the purpose of targeting stress, anxiety, and mood. There’s absolutely no concern of filler ingredients and everything that’s been added has been added strategically.
- A PREMIUM STRESS RELIEVER | Do you feel anxious, prone to panic attacks, have shortness of breath, or have mild depression? You are not alone. That is why we created a fast-acting natural anxiety...
- AN ALL NATURAL CHOICE | Nuphorin is the perfect blend of natural ingredients that support serotonin and dopamine to increase relaxation and happiness. Our safe dosage formula is a powerful stress...
- 7 IN 1 NATURAL INGREDIENT FORMULA | We have created a formula of natural herbs and vitamins that support healthy stress management, focus, and brain clarity. We created our supplemental blend from 7...
- BOOST TO ENERGY AND YOUR IMMUNITY | No stimulants, no drowsiness! Our Formula is entirely caffeine-free and helps promote energy levels to help the body to ward off fatigue. Strengthening the body's...
- YOU WILL LOVE US | 30,000+ customers have trusted Nuphorin's Anxiety Relief Supplement. We are so confident that you will be satisfied with your purchase that we are offering a 100% No Questions Asked...
The Fast-Acting Supplement by Nuphorin is known for producing calming and stress relieving effects at a much faster rate. Whether you’re vegan or just prefer plant-based ingredients, this supplement really has all you need to get you through an anxiety attack.
Most important is the ingredients added to the supplement. The manufacturer claims seven ingredients were included, such as ashwagandha, vitamin B, and magnesium.
So, what does that mean for you? Ashwagandha is proven to reduce stress and induce an overall calming sensation in users, vitamin B is known for improving mood and reducing the symptoms of depression, and magnesium is a nutrient known for energy boosts.
There are also some extra ingredients added, like chamomile, which is known for improving sleep quality. So, whether your social anxiety keeps you awake at night, makes you feel down and out, or just tires you, this supplement can help you hit it from all angles.
Even though this is a pretty solid supplement, the price is a little steep, even when it’s on sale. This wouldn’t be the best choice if you’re on a budget.
- 100 PERCENT PLANT-BASED: Completely plant-based anxiety supplement and depression supplements that provides total mood support. Your brain and body may need a little extra nutritional support to help...
- CONSISTS OF 7 POWERFUL HERBS: These 7 healing herbs have been used for centuries and are considered to be a mood enhancer that provides natural anxiety relief and act as a natural antidepressant. The...
- ANXIETY RELIEF AND STRESS RELIEF: The herbs included help to increase the production of GABA, a key neurotransmitter that works to reduce restlessness and promote an overall calming effect. Other...
- RELIEVES DEPRESSION AND BOOSTS MOOD: The collection of herbs works harmoniously together to act as an anti depressant and help you maintain a stable and positive mood. St Johns Wort works to increase...
- CUSTOMER FRIENDLY: We truly appreciate each of you and are grateful to have you as customers. If our product doesn't meet your needs in the way you had hoped, we have a 60-day easy return policy. Our...
Just like the last supplement, the 100% Plant-Based Supplement by Joy-Filled has seven added ingredients for optimal effects. And, the manufacturer makes it a point to add enough of each ingredient to actually feel the results (unlike other companies).
This supplement is also designed to boost GABA production, which can help to induce a calm feeling and ease your social anxiety. Even better is the Gingko Biloba for less cortisol and, thus, less stress lingering.
What we haven’t seen in any other supplement until this one was St John’s Wort. This ingredient is known for helping to increase serotonin and dopamine levels, which both have scientifically-proven links to depression.
When your social anxiety gets to be too much, don’t think that you have to settle for weekly appointments, hardcore medication, or daily meditation sessions. Nootropics are a great choice for anyone looking for a calmer, stress-free life.
Make sure you purchase a product that’s designed for reduced stress, lower anxiety, and maybe even a boost in energy and mood. Just be careful that it doesn’t include ingredients like caffeine, which can only worsen your social anxiety.