If you have a nut or soy allergy, it’s important to find a bar that is nut-free and soy-free. If you’ve conducted endless amounts of searches to no avail, you have come to the right place.
Searching for protein bars that are nut-free and soy-free can be extremely difficult. If you find a nut-free bar, it may not be soy-free and vice-versa. When you do find a bar that is free of both allergens, it may not contain the highest amount of protein, but that’s okay. This list will contain protein bars that are free of both nuts and soy but still have a delicious flavor.
Having a protein bar that is safe for your allergies is crucial when you are out and about. Knowing that you are getting the nutrients you need in an allergen-free bar will give you peace of mind.
What Benefits Do Protein Bars Provide?
Protein bars are a great choice for a quick grab snack that offers more nutrition than chips. They can help you feel fuller longer than other types of snacks as well. They can also be extra beneficial for you if you are dealing with certain allergies.
When you are out of the house and you get hungry, you might spend lots of time searching for a place to grab something quick, especially when you have to find allergen-free options. If you have a protein bar handy, you can eat it whenever you are hungry.
It has been proven through studies that a protein snack will keep you fuller longer. It can be extremely tempting to run to the snacks that are delicious, like ice cream, candy, or cookies. But these snacks will not keep you full for very long, and they could have come in contact with allergens before they were packaged.
Protein snack bars are an incredibly quick and convenient way to eat a snack while sticking to your nutrition goals and add some extra protein to your diet. So many people aren’t getting enough protein in their diet and aren’t even aware of it. Adding a simple snack can change your diet for the better.
What Should You Look for in a Protein Bar?
While searching for a protein bar that will fit your allergy needs, there are some things to keep in mind. You should look at the protein count in each bar. Nut-free protein bars are lower in protein than other kinds of bars, but they still offer a great nutritional value.
You should also consider the fat content in a protein bar. We don’t want to go completely fat free because the fat helps release carbs into your blood stream and slow down your digestion to provide you some extra energy. You should, however, try to avoid trans-fat.
Also pay attention to the amount of fiber in the bar. Fiber promotes healthy digestion and helps you feel full longer. The more fiber in the bar, the better the bar. Fiber is a nutrient that you want to give your body because it can help control blood sugar and help you stay full for a longer period of time.
Sugar is another factor that you should be aware of when looking for a nut-free soy-free protein bar, especially if you have a hard time processing sugar properly. Sugar doesn’t need to be avoided completely, but it should be eaten in moderation, especially if you are trying to lose weight. The less sugar in a bar, the better it will be for you.
Best Nut Free Soy Free Protein Bars
INBar Protein Bar
INBar was created with those in mind who have allergies and need help controlling their insulin balance. These bars are a healthy and delicious snack that can help you satisfy your hunger in a healthy, sensible way. INBar is doctor-formulated and is made with real, organic ingredients. They are also free from any added chemicals and artificial sweeteners. The bars are completely free from wheat, soy, eggs, corn, dairy, and nuts.
They offer six flavors; chocolate butter crunch, cinnamon swirl, chocolate fudge, chocolate mint, cherry chocolate, and strawberry banana. The calories range from 169 to 173 per bar. They all have 5 grams of fat, 21-22 grams of carbs, 10-11 grams of protein, 10 grams of fiber, and 6-7 grams of sugar.
GoRaw offers a very wide range of snack bars and protein bars that are nut and soy-free. The organic sprouted bar comes in pumpkin seed, chewy apricot, banana flaxseed, raisin crunch, and spirulina sesame. The protein bar comes in dark chocolate and zesty lemon.
The organic sprouted bar ranges in calories between 140 and 250, 6 grams to 17 grams of fat, 18 grams to 29 grams of carbs, 0 grams to 6 grams of fiber, 11 grams to 20 grams of sugar, and 3 grams to 11 grams of protein. Each bar is vegan, nut free and soy free.
The protein bars have 240 calories, 12 grams of protein, 23 grams to 25 grams of carbs, 10 grams to 12 grams of fat, 2 grams to 3 grams of fiber, and 14 grams to 16 grams of sugar. There is a high sugar content in these bars, so you will need to keep that in mind. If you don’t process sugar well, you should consider a different bar.
- 12G PLANT-BASED PROTEIN: the only bars made with organic sprouted watermelon seed protein, with 12g protein in every bar. Plant-powered protein never tasted this good!
- ON-THE-GO NUTRITION: convenient, on-the-go protein snack, breakfast, or post-workout boost.
- SIMPLE ORGANIC INGREDIENTS: made with only 7 simple, easy-to-understand ingredients. Organic, non-GMO, gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free, soy-free, vegan, and kosher.
- MINIMALLY-PROCESSED: with sprouted seeds & dried, not baked, for a bar you can feel good about.
- WHOLESOME PLANT-BASED GOODNESS: packed with sprouted seeds and other plant-powered ingredients.
Jumpstart BodyFuel Protein Bars
Jumpstart BodyFuel Protein Bars are handmade, unrefined, and vegan. The batter is hand-mixed with 4-foot long oars. This allows for maximum flavor in each bar. They are made in a nut and soy-free facility. They have 6 flavors available; apple, apricot, chocolate, cranberry, date, and raisin.
Each bar contains about 150 calories, 23 grams of carbs, 3 grams of fiber, 3 grams of protein, and 7 grams of sugar. While these bars contain more sugar than protein, the sugar count is still pretty low compared to some other bars on this list. This makes them a good option if you are trying to keep your sugar intake low.
- Hand made and outrageously unrefined
- Wheat free, dairy free, no refined sugars
- Vegan, low glycemic index, good source of fiber
- No trans fats, no hydrogenated oils, no eggs, no cholesterol, no preservatives
Libre Naturals Bar
Libre Naturals makes and packages all of their products in a dedicated production facility that is free from several allergens, including peanuts, tree nuts, and soy. These bars are gluten-free, non-GMO, vegan, and free of artificial colors.
These bars are lower in protein with around 2 grams. They have around 4 grams of fat, 17 grams of carbs, 1 gram of fiber, and 6 grams of sugar. While these bars are low in protein, they are completely allergen free and low calorie, making them a great, quick snack.
- Delicious and teen-friendly | Libre Naturals’ chocolate cacao plant-based protein bars are mother-approved and shareable with anyone. These plant-based protein bars are safe for any age for...
- A healthy active snack alternative | Our chocolate cacao plant-based protein bars are made in a Libre Naturals facility that is set up to ensure that the top 10 food allergens are not onsite in our...
- Nutritious, vegan, and kosher | Libre Naturals’ delicious and chewy chocolate cacao plant-based protein bars are made from a triple chocolate base with natural, organic cocoa, cacao nibs and natural...
- Great source of protein | Libre Naturals’ chocolate cacao plant-based protein bars packed with 10 grams of protein and a ratio of 3:1 carbohydrates-to-protein for the perfect post-workout snack....
- What you get with each order | Your Libre Naturals chocolate cacao plant-based protein bars shipment will contain 12 plant-based protein bars (1 oz bars) that are individually wrapped with nutritional...
ZEGO Seed+Fruit Bar
The ZEGO facility is free of the top 12 allergens including soy, peanuts, tree nuts, and dairy. They are also made from vegan ingredients. The bars are offered in fudgy chocolate, sunflower date, apple cinnamon, and lemon ginger.
Each bar consists of 160 calories, has 7 grams of fat, 7 grams of protein, 18 grams of carbs, and 4 grams of fiber. These bars are high in sugar with 12 grams in each bar. They have more sugar than they do protein, which may not be ideal for everybody. Keep this in mind if you have a hard time processing sugar.
- DELICIOUS, SUPERFOOD SNACKS MADE WITH SEEDS & FRUIT! Great for on the go, no preservatives. Easy to Digest Seed Protein. *Note: The packaging you receive will be fresh but may be different from the...
- PURITY TESTED: No need to worry about glyphosate (herbicide), top allergens or gluten. We test for all of them and post the results for you to see via the packaging QR code (see picture).
- OUR CERTIFICATIONS: Non GMO, B Corp, Kosher, Gluten Free, Plant Based, Pesticide & Allergen Tested
- ZEGO - ZEST ON THE GO! Each bar is packed with organic, flavorful fruit grown in the US & organic seeds for added texture and nutrition!
- ALLERGY FRIENDLY SNACKS - All ZEGO products are made in a facility FREE FROM the Top 12 Allergens & Gluten: No Soy, No Egg, No Dairy, No Peanut, No Wheat, No Tree Nut, No Sesame, etc. Also corn free...
Enjoy Life Snack Bars
Enjoy Life snack bars have several different options available. They offer breakfast oval snack bars in apple cinnamon, berry medley, chocolate chip banana, and maple fig. They also offer chewy bars in caramel apple, caramel blondie, carrot cake, cocoa loco, lemon blueberry poppyseed, and SunSeed crunch.
The breakfast oval snack bars all have 230 calories, 10 grams to 11 grams of fat, 30 grams to 31 grams of carbs, 3 grams of fiber, 3 grams of protein, and 12 grams of sugar.
The chewy bars have calories between 140 and 170, 4 grams to 9 grams of fat, 17 grams to 26 grams of carbs, 1 gram to 2 grams of fiber, 8 grams to 13 grams of sugar, and 2 grams to 3 grams of protein.
These bars are low in protein, but they are all 100% free from peanuts, tree nuts, soy, dairy, gluten, and several other allergens. These bars are an excellent quick, grab-and-go snack that is completely allergy-friendly.
- Contains (2) boxes with 12 bars (1.12 oz each), 24 total bars, of Enjoy Life Ricemilk Crunch Chocolate Bars
- Premium dairy-free chocolate crunch bars made with gluten-free crispy rice and rice milk for a creamy, crunchy, nut-free treat
- Allergy-friendly and gluten-free treats that are free from 14 common allergens including dairy, nuts and soy
- Non-GMO Project Verified chocolate bars are certified gluten free, kosher and halal for a worry-free treat
- All Enjoy Life products are gluten free, wheat free, peanut free, dairy free, tree nut free, soy free, casein free, sulfite free, egg free, lupin free, sesame free, fish free, mustard free, crustacean...
Blake’s Seed-Based Bars
Blake’s seed-based protein bars are an excellent choice for an allergen-free bar. Peanut, tree-nut, milk, egg, wheat, soy, and sesame-free, they offer a snack bar in s’mores, raspberry, blueberry lemon, and pineapple. They also offer a protein bar in chocolate mint.
Their snack bars have around 150 calories. Additionally, they contain 7 grams of fat, 19 grams of carbs, 4 grams of fiber, 7 grams of sugar, and 4 grams of protein. Their protein bars have 260 calories. However, these contain 13 grams of fat, 26 grams of carbs, 6 grams of fiber, 9 grams of sugar, and 15 grams of protein.
Any of these bars will make a great allergen-free snack, especially since they offer a bar that has a higher protein count. The seed-based bars are extremely nutritious and make a perfect grab-and-go quick snack when you just need a little something to hold you over.
- CONTAINS: 9 Bars of a variety of our flavors.
- REAL FOOD: Seed bars with real fruit, chickpeas, and quinoa.
- ALLERGY FRIENDLY: Peanut free, nut free, gluten free, dairy free, soy free, egg free, sesame free.
- FOR EVERYONE: Vegan, Non GMO, school safe, Top 8 allergen free.
- GUILT FREE: Low sugar, good source of fiber and protein, excellent source of vitamins and minerals.
88 Acres Bars
88 Acres operates a bakery that is completely free of peanuts, tree nuts, gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, and sesame. They offer seed bars in spiced cranberry orange, dark chocolate sea salt, triple berry blend, ginger apple, cinnamon and oats, and double chocolate mocha. They also offer protein bars in dark chocolate brownie and banana bread.
The seed bars have around 190 calories, 9 grams of fat, 24 grams of carbs, 3 grams of fiber, 11 grams of sugar, and 6 grams of protein. The sugar content is high, and the protein content is low, but these snack bars still offer a higher protein count than some of the other snacks on this list.
The protein bars have between 260 and 280 calories, 19 grams to 21 grams of fat, 15 grams to 19 grams of carbs, 12 grams of protein, and 3 grams of fiber. Both bars contain only 7 grams of sugar.
- Our seed bars are handcrafted in small batches using simple, wholesome ingredients, to create a delicious snack every body can enjoy.
- 88 Acres Bars are the perfect winter treat to share with the ones you love, plus enjoy them on-the-go, bring them to school and work, add them to lunch boxes and more!
- Great for athletes, vegans, and omnivores alike.
- Free from the eight most common food allergens- Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Peanut-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy Free, Sesame Free. Plus- Non-GMO, Vegan, School Safe.
When you are dealing with a food allergy, it is extremely important that you know what ingredients are in your food. It is even more important to make sure those ingredients don’t include any of your allergens. A simple, quick way to make sure you can have a nutritious snack and avoid allergens at the same time is to find a protein bar that is made in an allergen-free environment.
Searching for allergen-free protein bars can be an extremely difficult task. The bar itself may be allergen-free, but they were prepared in an environment where they could have come in contact with an allergen that can be detrimental. It is important that a protein bar that claims it is allergen-free is produced and packaged in an environment completely free of allergens.
When you do manage to find a protein bar that is completely, 100% allergen-free, you may notice that they don’t have a very large protein count, and often contain a lot of sugar. This can be extremely frustrating, especially if you need the protein to help you lose weight.
The snacks and bars on this list are all produced in environments that are completely allergen-free and safe for you to eat if you have food allergies. While they are not all packed with a bunch of protein, they still offer a great nutrition value.