Last Updated on October 2, 2020 by James Matthews
Have you ever wanted to improve your health and fitness, but just didn’t have the time or motivation to do it on your own? Or maybe you wanted to simply boost your body’s functioning so you’re performing at an optimal level?
What you’re looking for here are “biohacking” supplements. So, let’s go into a little more detail and discuss what biohacking supplements are and some of the different types.
The Importance of Biohacking Supplements
Biohacking supplements are usually loaded with vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. When you use them to fuel your body, they work their way deep into your muscles, joints, and organs to improve their strength and functioning.
Eating a balanced diet is a great way to boost your nutritional intake. At the same time, there’s no way that you’re getting just enough of every nutrient out there to completely maximize your health or athletic performance.
Biohacking supplements are great for adding those hard-to-get nutrients into your diet. Once taken consistently (usually on a daily basis), they can stabilize the vitamin and mineral levels in your body and make optimal performance an everyday thing.
One of the top biohacking supplements out there is immunity supplements. These are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and ingredients that positively influence your immune system and make it stronger than ever.
With a more resilient immune system, your body will better be able to fight off infections and viruses before or as they’re happening. That’s because of the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects of these ingredients.
- Antioxidants help to repair damaged cells within your body. They also help to fend off some pretty severe diseases, like cancer and heart disease.
- Anti-inflammatories help to reduce cellular inflammation within the body. This could help reduce the swelling of joints seen in arthritis or reduce the swelling of an injury that’s causing severe pain.
The best immunity-boosting supplements will have a combination of both of these as well as other ingredients designed to target the immune system specifically. The goal is to target your immune system from several different angles.
The Common Ingredients
Immune-boosting biohacking supplements usually come in some sort of beverage or drink mix. What you’ll notice is that a majority of them have the same or very similar ingredients, usually known as “superfoods.”
Here’s a brief overview of some ingredients you might discover and what they do.
- Garlic. This is more common in immunity pills or capsules. Basically, garlic is known to have both antifungal and antibacterial traits that make it ideal for fighting off different types of infections.
- Green superfoods. These foods have generated a ton of hype in recent years. These foods are generally known for being incredibly nutrient-dense, with the superfoods included in immunity products having high levels of vitamin C.
- Dandelion. Don’t worry, dandelions are actually completely edible, way down to the roots. Dandelion is also known for inducing a detoxifying effect within the body, which can help to release harmful toxins.
- Turmeric. You’ve probably heard about turmeric powders on health product commercials. Turmeric is actually known for having pretty decent anti-inflammatory effects, which is great for reducing swelling and pain.
- Green tea. These products don’t just taste great, they’re also extremely good for your body too! Green tea is actually loaded with antioxidants, which can really help to keep your immune system healthy and functioning optimally.
What you’re most likely going to realize is that a majority of these ingredients or supplements have vitamin C in them. That’s because vitamin C is known as the immune-boosting vitamin, which is why vitamin C supplements on their own are quite popular.
The Best Product
Amazing Grass Green Superfood Immunity is a solid option when it comes to enhancing your immune system. All you have to do is mix a scoop of the powder with water and you’ve got yourself a tasty immune-boosting beverage.
This supplement is made of purely organic ingredients that are all nutrient-dense as well as 1,000 milligrams of vitamin C for every serving (which is over 16 times the daily recommended intake).
To trigger some fat loss in the body, you usually need to seriously cut down on your daily calories while also engaging in some hardcore cardio exercise. Fat-burning biohacking supplements help you to reach that goal a little easier.
That’s because the ingredients in these fat-burning supplements encourage your metabolism to speed up a little bit. With a quicker metabolism, your body will burn more calories every minute without you having to do any exercise.
Just remember that these teas or drinks aren’t “magic fixes” by any means. There’s a certain point at which your weight loss will plateau and it’s best that you combine these supplements with a healthy diet and exercise routine.
The Common Ingredients
What you’re going to notice when scoping out weight loss or fat-burning supplements is that they’re usually based around caffeine. But, let’s go over the basic ingredients you might discover in fat-burning biohacking supplements.
- Green tea. All types of tea have caffeine and a single cup of green tea will give you about half as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. Yet, the caffeine helps to trigger an increased metabolism, which means more calories burned over the course of the day.
- Dandelion. Now, dandelion is known for having a diuretic effect. That means you’ll be urinating a lot more than usual, so the weight you’ll be losing with this ingredient is due to a loss of water weight.
- Licorice. You might hate the taste of licorice, but you’ll love what it does for your appetite. There seems to be some evidence that licorice can actually reduce your appetite, meaning you’re taking in fewer calories during the day.
- Raspberry. We know what they’re getting at by adding raspberries, as many people believe that raspberry ketones can help stimulate weight loss. The raspberry will definitely add some taste, but won’t do much in the way of fat-burning.
Most importantly, you’re going to notice that these products or teas tend to be completely organic and vegan. That’s because adding unnecessary fats, sugars, and salt would hinder your ability to lose weight with the product.
The Best Product
Teaz 28 Days Detox is a great short-term solution for initiating weight loss and fat-burning. That’s because the ingredients included are designed to reduce your appetite, boost your metabolism, and cause an influx of water weight lost.
The best part is that this tea is completely organic and vegan, meaning you’re getting the best of the best ingredients into your system. All you have to do is drink this nutrient-loaded tea for 28 days and you should see some decent results.
Brain Functioning Supplements
The brain is, by far, the most important organ in the body. Yet, it also tends to be a little difficult to get all the nutrients your brain needs in a normal diet, which is where biohacking supplements come into play.
These products are infused with ingredients and nutrients known to encourage memory, focus, and even creativity. You might even be able to take these supplements shortly before an exam and improve your mental performance significantly.
These brain functioning supplements are sometimes called “nootropics.” In essence, that just means that they target the functioning of the brain specifically.
The Common Ingredients
Because not just any ingredient will improve how your brain works and functions, manufacturers have strategically chosen ingredients to infuse in their brain functioning products. Let’s go over the more common ingredients you might see.
- DHA & EPA. These are omega fatty acids, which you might also know as being in fish oil. Both of these omega fatty acids help the brain to develop and encourage positive blood flow to the brain.
- Taurine. Taurine is commonly seen in energy drinks, but it also plays a vital role in brain health. That’s because taurine is actually capable of helping new brain cells to develop and thrive.
- Caffeine. With low energy levels or focus, your brain won’t be functioning optimally. This is why caffeine is usually included in these supplements, to boost your alertness and focus, thus improving your cognitive abilities.
- Ginkgo biloba. This ingredient is a superstar when it comes to preventing the degeneration of brain cells. Ginkgo biloba is known for reducing the symptoms of Alzheimer’s while also helping out with thinking processes.
The best nootropics are the ones that use ingredients thoughtfully and don’t include what we call “filler ingredients.” That means that every single ingredient should serve the same purpose, in this case, improving cognitive functioning and memory.
The Best Product
Neurohacker Qualia Mind is a solid nootropic that’s designed to boost your mental performance. Every single ingredient or nutrient included is meant to protect and stimulate the brain, but some also help to improve your mood or increase your energy levels.
This product is also completely vegan, non-GMO, and gluten-free. All you have to do is take a whopping seven capsules a day and you should start to see cognitive and mental improvements rather quickly.