Jumping rope is one of the single most effective exercises you can do to help you get in shape. Whether at the gym or in the comfort of your own home, jumping rope will benefit you in more ways than one. But you can’t just use any old jump rope you find and expect glowing results. That’s where the best CrossFit jump ropes come into play.
These tools are a must-have for anyone who is trying to get in peak condition. Sure, you can always borrow your local gym’s CrossFit jump ropes, but you never really know what you’re going to get.
Is it the right length? Does it have a comfortable weight for your needs? Is it in good shape? Instead of risking a bad workout, check out our top picks for the best CrossFit jump ropes below. We tested and reviewed countless models and narrowed our five favorite entries.
Our Top Picks
Elite Surge 3.0
Thanks to machined handles and an implemented bearing system, you’re getting one of the best jump ropes for CrossFit. Whereas some jump ropes limit you in what you can do, with the Elite Surge 3.0 you’re invited to try everything in the book. It is designed to help you perform at the highest level, which is why it ranks so highly among our reviews.
The Elite Surge 3.0 is durable and secure. This is a jump rope that you can trust to withstand plenty of wear and tear. The stainless steel bearings and aluminum handles combine to deliver one of the best CrossFit jump ropes. The lightweight design ensures you barely even notice that you’re holding onto anything.
What’s more, the speed cable is made of nylon, so you needn’t worry about tearing your legs up if you accidentally hit yourself. The cable length comes standard at 10 feet long. However, this length is full-adjustable, allowing you to set it to your size.
And lastly, the price for the Surge 3.0 is excellent. You could expect to spend a small fortune for such a high-quality CrossFit jump rope, but that’s not the case here at all. In fact, you can pick up this one for less than what many other beginner ropes cost.
So whether you’re just getting started in the world of jump ropes or you’re a seasoned veteran, the Surge 3.0 has everything you need to keep you jumping.
- HANDLE SPECS: 5" long / 1oz (each) / 0.6" diameter / foam grips
- UPGRADED HANDLES: The Surge 3.0 handle features a new ball bearing design for better spin efficiency and removes the need to use adjustable screws for resizing your rope. The handle includes its own...
- CABLE: Comes with a kink-resistant 3/32" nylon-coated USA-made speed cable (10 feet long). One size fits most - will fit anybody up to 6' 6" tall. The handle is designed to accept cables and cords of...
- FAST: Ultra-light 1oz aluminum handles can make 7 revolutions a second.
- STORAGE BAG: Includes a black felt draw-string bag for convenient storage of jump rope and spare cables.
When it comes to performing the dreaded “double-under,” you need a high-quality CrossFit jump rope that makes your exercises easier. This is where the RPM Comp4 shines. It comes with incredibly comfortable handles.
Each handle is made out of machined aluminum. So not only are they sturdy and secure, but they are lightweight, as well. This helps to give the RPM Comp4 a nice weight and balance as you perform jumps.
But that’s not all. The handles also come with a double-bearing system that assists in keeping the cable freely spinning while in motion without ever tangling. And on each handle is a texture that gives you the perfect grip. As such, you never have to worry about losing your positioning on the handles while in use. Even if you get sweaty during your workout (who doesn’t?), you can look forward to keeping a tight rein on your rope.
The cable on this CrossFit jump rope is a bare metal cable. You’re going to want to make sure that you are comfortable with using this type of jump rope. One misstep can cause you a nasty sting. Believe us; it hurts. Due to this potential risk factor, you’ll want to start out with a traditional jump rope if you aren’t seasoned at using bare metal cables.
The standard size of the RPM Comp4 is 12 feet in length. However, you can adjust this to your liking to ensure a proper workout. You will definitely want to make sure you do this to for safety reasons. This is an excellent CrossFit jump rope to invest in if you’re serious about getting the most from your workouts. Perhaps best of all, you can pick it up at an affordable price. If you’re on a tight budget but want to make sure you get a worthwhile jump rope, the RPM Comp4 will serve you well.
- Fully adjustable speed rope for any height, built with a replaceable bare cable to use on gym mat floors only
- Comes with a microfiber bag for easy storage and transport
- 100% precision machined aluminum handles come with a 5-year warranty, built with incredibly tight tolerances, and dual-bearing anti-friction combine for the perfect balance between power transfer and...
- Patented dual-axis rotation so the handles remain fixed on the ends of the cable, without any unwanted torque build-up
- Sleek, fast, and lightweight, this speed rope will elevate your double-unders to the next level
If you’ve ever tried jumping rope before, you know how difficult it can be to maintain your speed. The longer you jump, the more fatigued your body becomes. Without the proper control over your rope, you risk falling and potentially injuring yourself. One of the best ways to combat this problem is to invest in a CrossFit jump rope that has a thicker cable.
This is where the EliteSRS comes in. If you’re new to jumping rope, this is the unit for you. As the single best CrossFit jump rope we tested for beginners, the EliteSRS provides exceptional control and speed. Additionally, you’ll have a much easier time with your hand movement, which is essential to use your jump rope safely, and efficiently.
You’ll appreciate how easy it is to maintain the proper speed when using the EliteSRS rope. And if you’re trying to save money or on a tight budget, you can nab this rope for a fraction of what many other CrossFit jump ropes cost.
Whereas advanced jump ropes often sport bare metal cables, the EliteSRS is equipped with a soft PVC cable. Yes, you can still sting yourself if you aren’t careful. But it’s nowhere nearly as painful compared to the pain a metal cable is capable of inflicting. The length of the EliteSRS is fully adjustable, as well, so you can be sure to get the perfect length based on your height.
If you have considerable experience with jumping rope, you should probably skip the EliteSRS and go for a model that’s a bit more advanced. You can’t reach high speed due to the lightweight PVC cable. But if you’re just starting out, the EliteSRS will serve you well.
- JUMP ROPE DOESN'T HAVE TO BE DIFFICULT: This rope is designed for beginner and intermediate adult jumpers to help you gain speed and control and further your reach.
- WON'T KINK OR COIL: It can be frustrating pulling your jump rope out of your gym bag and having to untangle a kinked wire. The thick 4mm PVC cord on this rope won't kink and can be used outdoors on...
- THE PERFECT WEIGHT: Not too heavy. Not too light. Just right for fitness cardio workouts.
- EASY SIZE ADJUSTMENT: Newly designed Snap and Lock System allows for easy length adjustment. Simply slide the adjustable end to the desired length and trim off excess cord with scissors.
- SPECS: 10 foot cord. One size fits all (will fit anybody up to 6' 6" tall). 8" long handle and low profile grip tape / 1oz weight (each handle) / .9" diameter at end of handles.
Crossrope Get Strong
If money isn’t an issue and you don’t mind spending a little extra to get a higher-quality CrossFit jump rope, Crossrope’s Get Strong is a worthy investment. Yes, it’s pricey compared to other entries we’ve reviewed, but the quality is second to none.
The Crossrope Get Strong jump rope comes with weighted cables, allowing you to take your workout to the next level. There are various sizes available for you to choose from, too, ensuring that you get the perfect jump rope for your needs.
Using this jump rope is a walk in the park thanks to an ingenious fast-clip connection system. With this, you can quickly and easily swap out cables depending on your workout needs. You get two cables included with the Crossrope Get Strong set. One cable weighs 1 pound, while the other weighs 2 pounds.
The extra weight makes a big difference in the resistance of the cable, requiring more effort on your part to keep up. The two different weights work well and are a must-have for anyone who is serious about jumping rope and improving their game.
Because of the weighted cables, there are some maneuvers you will find difficult to perform. As such, this might not be the best CrossFit jump rope for tricks and various exercises. But if you want a jump rope that will help build endurance and strength, the Get Strong Set is just the ticket.
- First weighted jump rope system built to help you achieve your strength, endurance, and fitness goals.
- Custom workout app gives you access to hundreds of fast and effective workouts wherever you go (iOS + Android).
- Fast-clip connection system lets you switch between a range of heavy ropes for a more fun and versatile workout experience.
- Durable weighted ropes make it easier for beginners to learn. No coiling or tangling.
- Online community of over 80,000 jumpers will keep you motivated and inspired.
Last among our list of reviews is the Bullet COMP from EliteSRS. This precision CrossFit jump rope is ideal for improving your jumping ability. The handles are the first thing that stood out to us on this jump rope. Each handle weighs just 1 ounce, making them some of the lightest in the industry.
Being so light, you’ll find that it’s easier than ever to perform tricks and maneuvers. As such, the Bullet COMP is a good fit for both experienced jumpers and those just starting out. You also get a nylon cable with the Bullet COMP, so you don’t have to worry about hurting yourself. This is a good rope to practice with and gain speed, as each swing rotates at very high speeds.
As your skill level progresses, you may want a thicker and heavier cable. Fortunately, the Bullet COMP comes with a removable cable system that allows you to swap out cables of your choice whenever you want. The price for this CrossFit jump rope is reasonable, making it a quality investment for people of all skill levels.
- BEST ROPE EVER - "As the owner of at least a dozen jump ropes and having jumped for more than 30 years - the Bullet COMP is the best by far even within the few days I’ve been using it. A 3 min spin...
- WOW! - "Using the Bullet COMP, I did my usual 6,400 jumps of various steps in 4 whole minutes less time!" ~Randi J.
- HIGHLY PLEASED - "The spin mechanism is true to advertising. Extremely smooth and balanced." ~ John L.
- NO TOOLS REQUIRED: A common frustration with cable speed ropes for double unders is the need for screwdrivers and allen wrenches to size your rope or replace worn cables. This rope requires no tools...
- SPECS: 5.5" long aluminum handles with slip-protect knurl grip. Handles weight 1oz each. Rope comes with a 10ft USA-made nylon coated speed cable. Handles feature high-grade steel ball bearings that...
In the end, your experience with jumping rope is going to dictate which CrossFit jump rope you ultimately invest in. Thankfully, you have plenty of sound options to consider. And because so many allow you to swap out the cables with whatever type you please, you can look forward to investing in a jump rope that will serve you well for years to come.