Whether it’s the sweet taste, the variety of flavors, or the fizz that tickles your tongue, we all have to admit that sodas always leave us wanting more. When the sun’s heat feels too unbearable, or the meal you’re having is a bit too heavy, a sip of soda down your throat is all you need to make things right in the world.
In this whirlwind of health-seeking, it’s only fair to start looking more into this beverage that many of us find so irreplaceable at times. If you’re wondering what is the healthiest soda to satisfy your cravings without falling off the wagon, you’re in the right place. We’ll get to know all about healthy and unhealthy sodas, what makes each so, if we should opt for diet soda, and the different kinds of sugar in each can.
|Izze Sparkling Juice||4.7|
|Blue Sky Soda||4.5|
What Makes a Soda healthy?
Healthy sodas are carbonated flavorful water without all the additives. They have zero sugar added to them. They have zero artificial colors or flavors, and as few calories as possible.
Carbonic acid is okay in sodas, but watch out for high fructose corn syrup which aids in weight gain and causes health issues.
Healthy sodas don’t cause bone density loss and help indigestion. They are simply tasty hydration substitutes for water.
Healthiest Soda Options
Although Soda’s been gaining a reputation for being unhealthy, it’s important to realize where the danger lies and eliminate it. It’s the sugar and the artificial additives that lead to weight gain and disease.
What then, if we can find soda options that are both low in calorie count and are made purely of natural ingredients? Without further ado here is your answer to what is the healthiest soda! Check these out and indulge guilt-free.
With only 15-25 calories per can and brought to you in seven different flavors, you’ll find your thirst quenched and your taste buds singing seven different songs.
The flavors and sugar are only derived from the fruit naturally. And it’s caffeinated to give you the boost of energy you need.
- DELICIOUS FRUITY FLAVOR: Unlike many other water drinks, our sparkling water is flavored with real organic fruit. Discover a vibrant and surprising flavor of real fruit juice. Includes Cucumber,...
- NATURAL ALTERNATIVE: 25 calories per can with only 5 grams of sugar from fruit with no artificial sweeteners or flavors. Keto Soda sparkling water contains vitamins, minerals, and is vegan, gluten...
- FOCUS & PRODUCTIVITY: 42mg of natural caffeine per can (same as a diet soda without all that other stuff). Wave Soda is said to provide sustained, longer lasting energy without the undesirable side...
- BENEFICIAL FOR POST WORKOUT: During training, your energy needs are unique. When you perspire excessively during a workout, it means you need to re-hydrate! Wave Soda’s keto drinks replace what...
- PERFECT FOR ANY OCCASION: Top quality taste with nutrition and real fruit we all need in our daily diets, Wave's healthy sodas have stood the test of time for a reason. All Juices are perfect for...
Its rich fruit flavor brings your favorite season right to the tip of your tongue. Furthermore, all of its ingredients are naturally extracted from the fruits making it too heavenly to be true.
It’s 90 calories per can, but keep in mind that these calories are pure fruit, no sugars added. It’s also free of caffeine so you can drink it any time of the day, and still get your beauty sleep.
- IZZE Sparkling Juices include 70 percent fruit juice with a splash of sparkling water
- No added sugar or preservatives
- The perfect feel good drink to brighten up your day
- Variety Pack includes (6) 8.4 ounces cans of Sparkling Blackberry, (6) 8.4 ounces cans of Sparkling Grapefruit, (6) 8.4 ounces cans of Sparkling Clementine and (6) 8.4 ounces cans of Sparkling Apple
Zero calories, zero added sugars, zero caffeine, and zero artificial ingredients; can you imagine? Did I mention it’s also free of caramel color which is a widely used food coloring that could lead to the formation of carcinogens?
It gives you its sugary taste from the stevia leaf which guarantees you a sweet taste and no-calorie intake whatsoever. Its flavors come from natural sources only.
- More Than A Beverage: Zevia is a movement; whether you are craving a pop of flavor, need an extra pep in your step before a workout, or fancy something sparkling, we’ve got you covered; Zevia is...
- A Rainbow Pack Of Awesome: Each Zevia Rainbow Variety Pack contains two cans of each flavor: Cola, Ginger Root Beer, Ginger Ale, Cream Soda, Grape, Black Cherry, Lemon Lime Twist, Orange, Mountain...
- Smarter Choices: Whether you’re craving a burst of sweetness, a bubbly treat or a guilt-free drink for movie night, we’ve got you covered; enjoy the anytime convenience of a calorie-free,...
- Premium Product: Zevia Soda Rainbow Variety Pack is zero calorie, sugar free, clear in color, gluten free, Non GMO Project Verified, kosher and vegan; try it as an alternative to traditional diet...
- Clean Ingredients: Carbonated Water, Natural Flavors, Citric Acid, Stevia Leaf extract, caffeine and tartaric acid; Zevia uses only real ingredients in our beverages, nothing artificial; ships in...
Classic root beer, strawberry vanilla, and ginger lemon; your mouth watering already? Well, this one surely won’t disappoint!
It’s only 35 calories per can and gets its sugar from the stevia leaf. Additionally, it contains probiotics that feed the healthy bacteria in our bodies. This, in turn, helps with our digestion.
- VARIETY PACK OF FLAVOR: Enjoy flavors ranging from old-fashioned favorites to fruity delights in OLIPOP's 6-flavor variety pack. Includes 2 of each: Vintage Cola, Classic Root Beer, Strawberry...
- HEALTHY MEETS DELICIOUS: OLIPOP spent years crafting a drink that's as healthy for you as it is delicious. Our sparkling tonic combines prebiotics, plant fiber, & botanicals to create a sweet-tasting,...
- WHY A PREBIOTIC SODA? It's the healthy choice! Prebiotics play an important role in digestive health. Our prebiotic beverages contain plant fibers that stimulate the growth of healthy bacteria in your...
- INGREDIENTS BACKED BY RESEARCH: OLIPOP assembled a team of doctors & experts specializing in digestive & gut health to create OLIPOP soda—a thoughtfully crafted tonic that found its taste in...
- TAKE A PEEK INSIDE OUR POP CAN: Our soft drinks contain 9g of dietary fiber & 2-5g of sugar. Each pop is under 50 calories, non-GMO, vegan, gluten-free, Paleo, & Keto-friendly—no artificial...
Blue Sky Soda
This soda has 130 calories per can. So you’re probably wondering how it made it to our – what is the healthiest soda- list. Well, it’s Caffeine-free, flavored naturally, and sweetened with cane sugar. Made with very healthy ingredients, it also comes in many delicious flavors. So, treat yourself, but just take it in moderation.
This is another healthy soda that comes in a variety of flavors, made of organic products, and includes 20 calories only per can. What makes it so special is that it incorporates apple cider vinegar in its components which gives your immunity a refreshing boost.
- Contains natural prebiotics from unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar -- a digestive health powerhouse - to keep your gut happy, your immune system feeling healthy, and your skin glowing. Experience the...
- No fake stuff. Ever. Made with fresh fruit, 5g of sugar or less and 20 calories or less per can. Our ACV is in stealth mode, so all you taste is pure poppi flavor. This is the new school of soda!
- Have a poppi drink anytime or anywhere. Perfect for everyday, on-the-go refreshment — with a meal or as an afternoon pick me up.
- Fat-free, Gluten-free, Non-GMO, Vegan and delicious.
- Verified SHARK TANK brand. Join the poppi movement!
This beverage has us, and celebrities as well, going crazy. Let me tell you, its taste deserves all this attention!
There are 30 calories per can and it goes without saying, it’s all organically produced. They come in the sweetest of flavors. And being caffeine-free, you don’t have to worry about children getting their share.
Diet Soda, Healthy Soda?
Let’s get one thing straight, anything that isn’t derived from an organic source is down on the health scale. Diet soda has all the artificial flavors, preservatives, and colors of a normal soda, only with artificial sweetener thrown into the mix.
These all present a danger when consumed in large quantities. That’s because they lead to the formation of carcinogens, nerve damage, and even obesity.
Why Are Natural Sweeteners Better Than Artificial Sweeteners?
It’s a common belief that artificial sweeteners are good for diabetics, and in keeping calorie intake low. However, what’s less known is that they might cause weight gain.
Artificial sweeteners are found to encourage a sweet tooth, subconsciously make people eat more, and stimulate the body to hold onto fat. On the other hand, stevia doesn’t count in your calorie intake and doesn’t even raise your body’s blood sugar. And sugar cane is even healthier than table sugar.
What Are the Least Healthy Sodas?
Since we already tackled what is the healthiest soda, it’s about time to see what isn’t a good choice for you! We’ll point out the ingredients that make a soda unhealthy, so you can watch out for them.
This will help you in telling a good soda from a bad one easily, just from taking a look at the back of the can.
It has 190 calories per can, 50g sugar, artificial flavor, and coloring additives. Besides all that it also has high fructose corn syrup.
It has a refreshing taste, we’ll give it that but it also contains 46 g of added sugar, 170 calories, preservatives, and artificial coloring. That, in addition to brominated vegetable oil. This oil has proven to cause health risks including memory loss and imbalance when taken in large doses.
Dr Brown’s Cream Soda
It contains artificial flavors, caramel coloring, high fructose corn syrup, and 120 calories. Seems to bring together all that’s bad for you.
This one basically has the most amount of sugar compared to any other soda being 47g per can. Not to mention the artificial coloring, preservatives, and high fructose corn syrup.
Soda might not be the healthiest thing on the menu. Nonetheless, there’re many choices available to us, so we should try to pick what’s tasty yet nutritious. It’s always best to check a can’s labels first. Always choose what’s natural and what has little to no sugar.
If we had to choose a favorite, it would be the olipop for being amazing to both our taste buds and our digestion system.